Student Rec Center Natatorium
The Student Recreation Center's Natatorium features two pools; one is a lap lane pool, and the second is a leisure pool.
The lap lane pool features six lanes that are 25 yards in length, and a depth ranging from four feet to nine feet.
The leisure pool features the following:
-Two additional lap lanes that are 15 yards in length
-Underwater benches for lounging with various jets
-A teaching area
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- No clothing is allowed in the pool unless it is made of swimsuit material. Lifeguards will have final decision on what is acceptable. Click here for more info on swim attire.
- Shower before entering the pool area.
- No person with sores, open wounds, or other evidence of skin disease is permitted to use the pool.
- No running, pushing, throwing, or dunking of other swimmers.
- Spitting, spouting of water, profanity, roughness, and rowdiness will not be permitted in the pool.
- Flips, back dives, or backward jumps are not permitted.
- No hanging or pulling on lane ropes, backstroke flags, basketball goal or volleyball nets.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility.
- Close-top water bottles (water only) are permitted. No food or glass.
- Youth 12 and under must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Swim diapers required for children not potty trained.
- If a child cannot swim, a responsible adult over the age of 18 must be within one arm's length from the child at all times.
- Swimming proficient children may use lap lanes and equipment for lap swimming only.
- Return all items to proper storage location.
- No underwater swimming for more than 30 seconds
- Starting blocks may be used only under supervision of lifeguard
- Additional rules may be implemented by the Aquatics and Safety staff for the health and safety of the patrons.
Policies and rules are to maximize participant and staff safety.
Lap Lane Etiquette:
- Expect to share a lane; 3 or more swimmers must circle swim (Swim in a counter clockwise direction staying on the right side of the lane-just like you drive)
- Try to swim with others of your own pace
- Pass only when the passing lane (middle of lane) is clear
- Pass quickly and courteously
- If you are being passed, please move to the far right side of the lane to allow room for passing. If you are being followed closely, it is courteous to wait and let the faster swimmer pass at the wall
- If you want to stop, do not block the "T" on the pool wall
- Be considerate of others and their individual workout
For frequently asked questions regarding the SRC Natatorium, please click here.
For additional questions regarding the pools, please call 512-245-4970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.