Lay Responder First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
Purpose of Course:
The purpose of this course is to train instructor candidates to teach the American Red Cross basic-level First Aid, CPR and AED courses.
Prerequisites for the course:
- Be at least 16 years of age on the last day of the instructor course.
- Possess current American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and/or AED certification(s) or an equivalent certification (email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your certification counts)
- Have successfully completed the following online items before the start of class (after registering for the course more information will be sent to you on these):
- Orientation to the First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Course.
- Orientation to the American Red Cross.
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor Precourse Test (score 80 percent or better).
To be certified as an instructor, candidates must:
- Successfully complete the prerequisite requirement (mentioned earlier).
- Attend and actively participate in all course sessions.
- Successfully complete class activities including two practice-teaching assignments.
- Score at least 80 percent (20 correct answers out of 25 questions) on the instructor written exam.