Guardstart: Lifeguarding Tomorrow Course Description
This American Red Cross training program gives motivated 11-14 year-olds a successful jumpstart into lifeguarding. Guard Start covers these five critical areas:
- Prevention— teaches how to prevent drowning and diving accidents.
- Fitness— develops swimming skills and general physical ability for lifeguarding responsibilities.
- Response— develops an understanding of the basics of emergency response techniques and provides practice of lifeguarding skills.
- Leadership— teaches the decision-making and communication skills necessary to succeed as a lifeguard.
- Professionalism— instructs participants in key skills and attitudes for the important and vital job of lifeguarding.
This is NOT a lifeguarding course.
We do not offer this course on a regular basis but if you have at least four participants we can schedule a class just for you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-245-2392 for more information.