One-on-one Swim Lessons
Whether you want to improve on your strokes, gain endurance, or learn how to swim for the first time, we've got the right swim instructor for you!
You will receive one-on-one instruction aimed at meeting your individual goals, and you can work with your instructor to schedule sessions at times that fit your busy life.
Lessons are available for all ages and levels!
Only Texas State University faculty, staff, alumni, students, and their dependents are able to sign up for our lessons.
|# of lessons||For Student||Faculty, Staff, Alumni|
Add a friend for just $10 extra to the total price!
(friend must be of similar age and ability)
Scheduling of Lessons:
- Initial Appointment: The assigned instructor will contact you in about 1-2 weeks from the date of registration. After three consecutive attempts to schedule the initial appointment with no response from the client, the One on One Swim lesson fee/package will be considered null and void.
- Lesson length: Lessons are 30 minutes in length. However, if you purchase a package of lessons you can use the amount of time purchased however you prefer. For example, if you purchase four lessons at 30 minutes each, you have purchased 2 hours worth of lessons. You may use those 2 hours in 1 hour increments, all at once, etc. Lessons cannot be shorter than 30 minutes, however.
- Late policy: You are responsible for being on time for your appointment. Your instructor is only required to wait 10 minutes. If your session begins late, it will only last until the end of the half hour that the session was scheduled.
- Cancellation Policy: Clients must notify their instructor at least 24 hours in advance to re-schedule an appointment. Failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the session. Your instructor is also responsible for giving 24 hour notice if he/she needs to cancel or re-schedule.
- Remaining sessions: All sessions must be used by the end of the fiscal year (Sept 1st-August 31st). After the instructor attempts to contact the client to schedule remaining sessions three consecutive times without a response from the client, all remaining sessions will be considered null and void. At this point the client will no longer get able to access these sessions; regardless of how many are left.
- Severe Weather Policy: In the event of lightning within 5 miles of the SRC, the pool must close for 30 minutes. With each new lightning strike, the timer restarts. We will do our best to notify via email, as soon as we see inclement weather headed our way.
- If you have used all of your sessions and want to continue to receive lessons, you must purchase more sessions first.
- Lessons may only occur during our open swim hours and cannot occur during group swim lessons. Open swim hours can be found here and vary throughout the year.
There are no refunds for sessions purchased.
- If you are purchasing the lessons for a child, please note that a parent or guardian must remain in the natatorium with the child for the entire duration of the lesson.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not yet potty trained.
All swim lesson participants must obey all policies and procedures of Texas State's parking services. For more information about parking, please click here or call 512-245-2887.
If you do not have a permit, Speck Garage has a pay and display machine which will issue a permit that is good from the time you purchase it until midnight that same day. It takes debit or credit and it will cost $5.
If you feel a swim instructor or other Campus Recreation staff do not provide a sufficient level of customer service, please contact the Aquatics and Safety office at 512-245-8454.
- Be sure to read all of the info on this page before registering!
- Please note there will be additional paperwork to fill out at your first lesson.
- If you are registering a dependent you will need to add your dependent to your account once logged in. Please read these directions for further information.
Click HERE to be taken to our online catalog and select the lessons you want to sign up for! Previous users: please note our system has changed.
Instructors will be contacting you within 2 weeks to set up your first lesson. However, during busy seasons lessons it may take up to 4 weeks for your first lesson to occur.
For questions regarding one on one swim lessons, please call (512) 245-2392 or (512) 245-8454 or email email@example.com.