The Texas State Campus Recreation professional staff is dedicated to providing one of the best graduate assistantship experiences in a dynamic campus environment that emphasizes student development. Graduate assistants are offered professional development with Student Affairs and University committee appointments, special event programming, and leadership conferences. Graduate assistants are involved in office meetings, development of risk management manuals, departmental assessments, strategic planning and statistical analysis of programs.
Texas State University is committed to an inclusive education and work environment that provides equal opportunity and access to all qualified persons. Texas State, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
- Two year appointment, 12 month appointments for first year
- First Year - $1,317/month
- Second year - $1,377/month
- Classified as .5 full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Qualify for in-state tuition and tuition payment schedule
Additional Professional Opportunities
- Conference hosting and presentations
- Technology Training
- Assistance with Department training and special events
- Tours of Texas institutions
- Mentoring from professional staff
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities within recreational student organization
Texas State University will not discriminate against any person (or exclude any person from participating in or receiving the benefits of any of its activities or programs) on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex or disability, veterans status or on the basis of sexual orientation.