THE FLASH IS BACK!
Come join us for the resurgence of Texas State University's annual bouldering competition, Flash Fest 2018!
- Date: Saturday, March 24th, 2018
- Time: 10:00am-6:00pm
- 10:00a Check-in/Coffee Social
- 10:30a Session 1 Rules Meeting and Scorecard Info
- 11:00a Session 1 Climbing Begins
- 1:30p Session 2 Rules Meeting and Scorecard Info
- 2:00p Session 1 Climbing Ends
- 2:15p Session 2 Climbing Begins
- 5:15p Session 2 Climbing Ends
- 5:30p Scoring and Food
- 6:00p Results, Prizes, Raffle
- *If less than 35 competitors sign-up, we will drop down to one single session beginning at 12:00pm (noon).*
- Location: Texas State University, Student Recreation Center - Climbing Wall
- 1011 Academy St. San Marcos, TX. 78666
- Parking for the competition will be available at the lot in front of the Rec.
- Regular Registration: February 20th-March 17th
- $25 TXST Students
- $30 All Other
- Registration after March 17th
- $35 TXST Students and All Other
- Day-Of Registration (if available): $40
- Fees include: Contest Entry and a FlashFest T-Shirt
Rules & Regulations:
- Categories: Men's and Women's
- Beginner (V0 - V2)
- Intermediate (V2+ - V4+)
- Advanced (V5 - V7+)
- Open* (V8+) Open category will only be used if enough participants compete in this category. Otherwise, Advanced will be the highest category.
- Minimum age of 10 years old to participate - with parent consent
- Must be 18 years of age or older to sign personal waiver
- Must sign a Texas State University Waiver
- Cancellations 24 hours prior or no shows forfeit entire fee
- Shoes, and chalk available (supplies limited)
- Prizes will be given to the top competitors in each category
Thank you to all of our Sponsors!
- Austin Bouldering Project
- Crux Climbing Gym
- Summer Moon Coffee Bar
- So iLL
- Black Diamond
- Whole Earth Provision Co.