How To Start A New Club
There are a lot of steps to becoming a Sport Club but they are really fairly simple.
First, you will need interest from other students. Second, you will need to consider the following:
1. You need to become a Registered Student Organization (RSO). Those steps can be found via the following link:
2. Once you are a RSO you can petition to join the Sport Clubs Program by providing the Sport Clubs Office with the following information:
· Proposed budget for one academic year (fall and spring)
· Campus Activities and Student Organizations Registration Form
· Advisor’s Contract
· Diversity Statement
· Hazing Statement
· A current copy of the Club’s constitution and by-laws
· A club roster with a minimum of 10 students
· A letter or petition describing club interest, club contribution to the wellness of students and diversity the club will bring to the Sport Clubs Program
· Calendar of competitions, meeting, fundraisers, etc. for the upcoming year
3. Once all documents listed above are on file with the Sport Clubs Office a petition hearing will be scheduled with the Sport Clubs Alliance.
***All documents must be on file with the Sport Clubs Office at least 30 days prior to scheduled Alliance meeting. The Alliance meets twice a semester during the academic year. ***
For information on getting started, please contact the Sport Clubs Office at
Wait! We already have a number of "potential clubs" in the works. Please contact the Sports Club Office for more info!