Pool Party Rentals
Celebrate at the SRC Natatorium!
Whether it's a birthday party or just a fun reason to get together, the leisure pool and wet classroom are the perfect party spot for you! We are indoors so we can party even when it's cold outside!
This page is for Pool Parties. If you are interested in a combined Pool and Climbing Center party, please visit our site here.
Only Texas State students, staff, faculty, and alumni may rent the pool for pool parties.
Parties are only available as a package deal. For $215 the renter receives the following:
- Two hours in the SRC Natatorium Leisure pool (no access to the lap pool) and Wet Classroom. Party time is two hours with 15 minutes for set up and 15 minutes for clean up.
- In addition to the regularly scheduled lifeguards, an additional lifeguard will be on duty
- Renters may have up to 30 TOTAL (number includes parents/guardians). Maximum capacity for the Wet Classroom is 30; only 5 tables and 20 chairs will be provided/allowed in the room.
FOOD & DRINK:
- Food and drinks must remain in the wet classroom (at the SRC Natatorium).
- Only water is allowed on deck.
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly prohibited. Patrons under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will be asked to leave.
GENERAL POOL RULES:
- All regular pool rules apply. They can be found here.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All groups must be out of the facility at the scheduled conclusion of your event due to potential adjacent time scheduling. There will be a $50 late fee for every 15 minutes that are used past the allotted times.
- Regular Campus Recreation activities (such as programs, classes, open swim, etc.) will not be cancelled for a special event.
- Parties are only available on Saturdays and Sundays during open swim times and may not overlap with other rentals/events in the Wet Classroom or Natatorium.
- Each group must abide by all Texas State Parking Rules. Individuals will be responsible for any tickets received due to non-compliance. For more information about parking regulations please visit http://www.parking.txstate.edu/. We will not provide parking passes and we cannot dismiss tickets.
- As of 11/28/17, it is posted on Parking Services website that from 5 p.m. Fridays through 7 p.m. Sundays, Parking Services does not enforce “No Permit” violations on Visitor/Guest vehicles. Students, faculty and staff must always display a Texas State permit. However, please check their website for updates/changes.
- No confetti, glitter or adhesives (other than painter’s tape) may be used for decorations. No duct tape please.
- Users are expected to follow the supervision of Texas State Staff at all times.
- If there is any damage to the facility and/or the facility is not cleaned properly, the cost of the repairs and/or clean up will be charged to the responsible reserver.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in the group forfeiting its privilege to reserve facilities in the future.
- The Department of Campus Recreation is NOT LIABLE for any charges incurred by the group reserving the facility, or injury to a participant or anyone hired for the event by the group reserving the facility.
- No equipment or items of any kind may block emergency exits.
- Rental of the SRC Natatorium does not entitle patrons usage of other SRC areas. Please keep all users in reserved spaces.
- Users may not bring in their own lifeguards.
- All personal articles must be kept in the Wet Classroom and on deck; they cannot remain in the locker rooms.
- Swim diapers are required of all non-potty trained children. Disposable swim diapers are available at the front desk for $3.
- All normal attire policies apply. They can be found here.
SUPERVISION OF YOUTH:
- Parents/guardians should remain within a hugs reach of all non-swimming children.
- We require at least one responsible adult per five children under the age of seven and one responsible adult per eight children under the age of 10. Children 11 and over require a 15 to 1 ratio.
- Parents/guardians are to maintain primary supervision of children of all ages. Lifeguards are there to enforce rules and act in an emergency. They cannot be directly supervising children at any time.
- On the day of the rental, lifeguard staff reserve the right to require additional supervision due to swimming capabilities of party participants.
PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Refund requests must be at least 2 weeks in advance and will incur a $75 fee.
- Texas State closes the pool in the event of lightning. It will be re-opened 30 minutes after the last lightning strike. Refunds can NOT be offered if we shut down for lightning.
- Payments are due one week after receiving an invoice with confirmed dates or one week before the event; whichever comes first. If payment is not received by deadline, the space will not be held.
How to Reserve:
1. Make sure you read ALL of the above policies carefully and agree to them.
2. Determine 3 dates and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind the following:
- Only Saturdays and Sundays during open swim are available. Please click here for current hours. We will be unable to accomodate pool parties during special events or other programming.
3. Fill out this request form. This is ONLY a request form; it does not guarantee reservation. Dates and times must be approved by the Assistant Director of Aquatics & Safety. Once they are approved, an email will be sent to you with information about how to make your payment.
We can set up water volleyball and basketball. We also have various floaties and water toys.
Yes of course! However, please note that alcohol and drugs of any kind are not allowed.
Bathing suits and towels!
Towels are available at front desk for a fee.
Yes, we have two refrigerators in our building. However they are not located across the building from the Wet Classroom and will be shared with other building users. You may bring in a cooler if you prefer to have easy access.
Yes, there are various outlets throughout both the Natatorium and Wet Classroom.