Student Rec Center Natatorium
COVID-19 Policies & Reservations
- Reservations must be made in order to use the SRC Natatorium
- Face coverings are recommended
- Please stay 6 feet away from other patrons and staff at all times while on deck
Reservations Required to Utilize our Campus Recreation Facilities & Programs
Two ways to book your spot!
1. Through our bookings website
2. By downloading our mobile app!
Need help booking? Check out our support page.
The Student Recreation Center's Natatorium features two pools!
The lap lane pool features six lanes that are 25 yards in length, and a depth ranging from four feet to nine feet.
The leisure pool features the following:
- Water volleyball
- Water basketball
- Two additional lap lanes that are 15 yards in length
- Underwater benches for lounging with various jets
- A teaching area
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty
- Before entering the water please be sure that:
- You check in with staff
- You and your attire (including shoes) must be clean and sweat-free
- Attire does not reveal private parts or be see-through
- You do not have open wounds, diarrhea or an illness that can be spread through water or air
- Children who are not potty trained must have on swimming diapers
- Shower before entering the pool area
- No person with sores, open wounds, or other evidence of skin disease is permitted to use the pool
- No running, pushing, throwing, or dunking of other swimmers
- Spitting, spouting of water, profanity, roughness, and rowdiness will not be permitted in the pool
- Flips, back dives, or backward jumps are not permitted
- No hanging or pulling on lane ropes, backstroke flags, basketball goal or volleyball nets
- No smoking or vaping of any kind is permitted in the facility
- Close-top water bottles (water only) are permitted. No food or glass
- Youth 12 and under must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- If a child cannot swim, a responsible adult over the age of 18 must be within one arm's length from the child at all times.
- Swimming proficient children may use lap lanes and equipment for lap swimming only
- Return all items to proper storage location
- No underwater swimming for more than 30 seconds
- Starting blocks may be used only under the supervision of a lifeguard
- Additional rules may be implemented by the Aquatics and Safety staff for the health and safety of the patrons
- When there is a lightning strike within 5 miles of the Rec Center, the pool will close. It will reopen once lightning has not struck within the 5 miles radius for 30 minutes. For more information click here.
Policies and rules are to maximize participant and staff safety.
Lap Lane Etiquette:
- Expect to share a lane; 3 or more swimmers must circle swim (Swim in a counter-clockwise direction staying on the right side of the lane-just as you drive).
- Try to swim with others ofyour own pace.
- Pass only when the passing lane (middle of the lane) is clear.
- Pass quickly and courteously.
- If you are being passed, please move to the far right side of the lane to allow room for passing. If you are being followed closely, it is courteous to wait and let the faster swimmer pass at the wall.
- If you want to stop, do not block the "T" on the pool wall.
- Be considerate of others and their individual workout.
For frequently asked questions regarding the SRC Natatorium, please click here.
For additional questions regarding the pools, please call 512-245-8454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.