Aqua Sports Center
Official Address: 300 State St. San Marcos, TX 78666
The Aqua Sports Center is located at central campus next door to the Hines Academic Center. The 25 yard, 8 lane pool provides users the opportunity for lap and informal swimming.
Wellcats offers open swim and a variety of in water courses for current Faculty and Staff. For more information please visit the Wellcats website.
Please note; the ASC Pool is a shared facility; many for-credit courses are also offered in the ASC Pool in addition to Campus Recreation programs.
Facility Rental Information
Please call 512.245.8454 or email email@example.com for more information about renting the Aqua Sports Center.
Locker Rental Guidelines
Lockers at the ASC are FREE! Here is how to claim yours today!
- Find a locker that is not being used
- Email the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name
- Your Texas State ID
- The number of the locker you would like
We will email you when it is confirmed. Users must bring their own locks. HHP may have locks available at Jowers for their students; see your instructor for more information.
Dates will be sent out notifying you of the last day the locker is available that semester. If you want to renew, you will need to notify us via email again.
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- No clothing is allowed in the pool unless it is made of swimsuit material. Lifeguards will have final decision on what is acceptable. Click here for more info on swim attire.
- Shower before entering the pool area.
- No person with sores, open wounds, or other evidence of skin disease is permitted to use the pool.
- No running, pushing, throwing, or dunking of other swimmers.
- Spitting, spouting of water, profanity, roughness, and rowdiness will not be permitted in the pool.
- Flips, back dives, or backward jumps are not permitted.
- No hanging or pulling on lane ropes, backstroke flags, basketball goal or volleyball nets.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility.
- Close-top water bottles (water only) are permitted. No food or glass.
- Youth 12 and under must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18.
- Swim diapers required for children not potty trained.
- If a child cannot swim, a responsible adult over the age of 18 must be within one arm's length from the child at all times.
- Swimming proficient children may use lap lanes and equipment for lap swimming only.
- Return all items to proper storage location.
- Starting blocks may be used only under supervision of lifeguard
- Additional rules may be implemented by the Aquatics and Safety staff for the health and safety of the patrons.
- When there is a lightning strike within 5 miles of the Rec Center, the pool will close. It will reopen once lightning has not struck within the 5 miles radius for 30 minutes. For more information click here.
Policies and rules are to maximize participant and staff safety.
Lap Lane Etiquette
- Expect to share a lane; 3 or more swimmers must circle swim (Swim in a counter clockwise direction staying on the right side of the lane-just like you drive)
- Try to swim with others of your own pace
- Pass only when the passing lane (middle of lane) is clear
- Pass quickly and courteously
- If you are being passed, please move to the far right side of the lane to allow room for passing. If you are being followed closely, it is courteous to wait and let the faster swimmer pass at the wall
- If you want to stop, do not block the "T" on the pool wall
- Be considerate of others and their individual workout