The Texas State Campus Recreation professional staff is dedicated to providing one of the best graduate assistant experiences in a dynamic campus environment that emphasizes student development.
Texas State University is committed to an inclusive education and work environment that provides equal opportunity and access to all qualified persons. Texas State, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Graduate assistants are involved in:
- Office meetings
- Development of risk management policy and procedures
- Assessment and evaluation
- Assisting in budget development and implementation
- Strategic planning
- Statistical analysis of programs
- Technology training and use of software such as Fusion, Microsoft Teams and more
- Mentoring from professional staff
- Opportunities to lead, supervise and mentor undergraduate staff
- Attending and presenting at conferences at regional and national levels
- And more!
- Two year appointment, 12 month appointments for first year
- First Year - $1,231 a month
- Second year - $1,264 a month
- Classified as .5 full-time equivalent (FTE)
- Qualify for in-state tuition and tuition payment schedule
Texas State offers more than 100 master's, specialist, and doctoral programs, The Graduate College offers educational preparation for a broad spectrum of careers to over 4,000 graduate students.
A few of the programs our Graduate Assistants (GA's) have completed include: