Student Recreation Center Membership
All enrolled students with a current University ID are eligible for a Student Recreation Center (SRC) membership.
Students enrolled in at least one credit hour on the San Marcos and Round Rock campus automatically pay the Recreation fee and have access to the SRC.
Students enrolled on the Round Rock campus only, study abroad, student teaching, online classes only, or enrolled but not present on the San Marcos campus have not assessed the fee, but are eligible to purchase a membership from the SRC front desk.
*Certain activities may require additional fees.
Daily guest fee - $10 (16 years old and older)
Daily guest fee - $5 (3-15 years old)
- Guests must show a form of picture ID.
- Maximum 3 guest limit per member.
- The sponsor must escort his/her guest(s) into the facility.
- The SRC reserves the right to refuse admittance to any guest.
- Children 2 and under are free.
- The sponsor is responsible for the conduct and actions of his/her guest(s) while utilizing Campus Recreation facilities. This includes lost, stolen or damaged equipment, as well as, any facility damage.
- Guests are not permitted to check out equipment. His/her sponsor should check out all equipment.
- A Texas State faculty or staff person may sponsor themselves in by showing their valid University ID and adhering to all other guest pass policies.
- Faculty/Staff - Current benefit eligible employees of Texas State (50% FTE or greater) or retired employees that have a current University ID. Payroll deduction is available at certain times of the year; all Faculty/Staff will be emailed when it is available.
- Texas State graduate - Degree holder from Texas State. Confirmation or proof must be shown at the SRC front desk.
- Spouse/Other - Spouse or domestic partner of a student, faculty, staff, or Texas State graduate or a child 18 years of age or older residing in the same household. Only one individual may be sponsored in this category.
- Dependent - 16 years of age or an older child residing in the same household. Adult dependents (age 16-25) of current students, faculty & staff members.
- Continuing student - Individual with proof of previous semester enrollment and is planning to enroll in the following semester.
Membership to Student Recreation Center (SRC) is restricted to the TXST community.
If you are unsure of your eligibility or classification status please call 512-245-2940
Memberships can be purchased at the Front Desk or online. TXST employees may request to have the cost of their membership deducted from their paycheck!
Memberships may be purchased two different ways, by the semester or annually. Semester memberships cover only one academic semester: Fall, Spring, or Summer. Each semester a student is enrolled in at least one credit hour on the San Marcos campus, the $94 recreation fee is assessed automatically. Summer fees vary depending on enrollment status.
All Membership fees are non-refundable nor transferable.
One Semester Only
No. Anyone found using another person's ID will be asked to leave the facility.
Download the Campus Recreation app from Google Play or the Apple App Store, search "TXSTrec"
Open the app, select Member ID, and log in with your TXST credentials to retrieve your barcode.
Scan your membership barcode at the turnstile.
Use the app to register for programs, view hours, and group exercise schedules!
We encourage you to walk, jog, or bike as part of your warm-up routine but if you must park...
Speck Street Garage
Pay-and-Display stations are located throughout campus to allow visitors to purchase parking. Permits are valid until midnight on the day of purchase.
Pay-by-App offers a contactless payment option for short-term parking using a smartphone or web app.
For the most current information regarding parking please call Parking Services at 512-245-2887.
In these cases, you may not have been billed the campus recreation semester fee on your tuition & fees bill.
Students that fall into this category can include Round Rock campus-only students, student teaching, study abroad, distance education, and internship classes.
In these instances, the University will not bill you for services it assumes you are unable to access.
You will need to purchase a semester membership to the SRC from the front desk. Proof of enrollment will be required.
Example: A student that is student teaching will not be charged due to the fact that student teaching can be done off-campus.
Example: A study abroad student whose program is shorter than a semester