Skip to Content




Student Memberships

All enrolled students with a current University ID are eligible for a Student Recreation Center (SRC) membership. Students enrolled in at least one credit hour on the San Marcos campus automatically pay the Recreation fee and have access to the SRC. Students enrolled on the Round Rock campus only, study abroad, student teaching, online classes only or enrolled but not present on the San Marcos campus are not assessed the fee, but are eligible to purchase a membership from the SRC front desk.

*Access to group exercise classes is an additional fee.

Non-Student Memberships

Membership to Texas State Campus Recreation facilities is restricted to the University community. If you are unsure of your classification status and would like to become a member of the SRC, contact our office at (512) 245-2392 or visit the Student Recreation Center front desk. Memberships can either be purchased at the front desk of the SRC. Faculty/Staff are eligible for Payroll Deduction during certain times of the year.



  • Faculty/Staff - Current benefit eligible employees of Texas State (50% FTE or greater) or retired employees that have a current University ID. Payroll deduction is available at certain times of the year; all Faculty/Staff will be emailed when it is available.
  • Texas State graduate - Degree holder from Texas State. Confirmation or proof must be shown at the SRC front desk.
  • Spouse/Other - Spouse or domestic partner of a student, faculty, staff or Texas State graduate or a child 18 years of age or older residing in the same household. Only one individual may be sponsored in this category.
  • Dependent - 16 years of age or older child residing in the same household. Adult dependents (age 16-25) of current students, faculty & staff members.
  • Continuing student - Individual with proof of previous semester enrollment and is planning to enroll in the following semester.

Expiration Dates for Memberships:

Fall '18                                               January 21, 2019

Spring '19                                          June 2, 2019


Each guest that enters the Student Recreation Center or attends a scheduled event must have a current member with them to be their sponsor for the day. Daily guest fees are $6 for patrons 16 and older and $3 for patrons 3-15 years old.

Faculty/Staff/Texas State Graduate/Spouse

Full Year
Continuing Student
One Semester Only

Semester membership rates are prorated halfway through each semester.

*Access to group exercise classes is an additional fee.

Membership Terms

Memberships may be purchased two different ways, by the semester or annually. Semester memberships cover only one academic semester: Fall, Spring or Summer. Each semester a student is enrolled in at least one credit hour on the San Marcos campus, the $94 recreation fee is assessed automatically. Summer fees vary depending on enrollment status. 

Faculty and staff who join WellCats, the University wellness program, may be eligible for one of the 100 $25 subsidy for SRC membership. WellCats information may be found here.

All Membership fees are non-refundable nor transferable.

Frequently Asked Questions

Student Membership Questions and Answers

Can my friend use my ID to enter the SRC?

No, anyone found using another persons ID will be asked to leave the facility.

What if I forget my ID?

The Student Recreation Center has a biometric hand scanning system. You can register your hand at the SRC front desk to gain access to the facility. This eliminates the need to have your ID when entering the SRC.

Where do I park to come to the SRC?

We encourage SRC patrons to incorporate their trip to the facility as part of their workout by walking, jogging or biking to the SRC. Campus shuttles are also available. The Speck Parking garage is open to provide additional parking for our growing campus.  The Speck purple commuter and adjacent Family and Consumer Sciences red restricted lots open up for all parking permits after 5pm.

A valid University parking permit must be displayed to park on campus.

What if  I am an enrolled student, but my ID does not work?

In these cases, you may not have been billed the campus recreation semester fee on your tuition & fees bill. Students that fall into this category can include: Round Rock campus-only students, student teaching, study abroad, distance education and internship classes. In these instances the University will not bill you for services it assumes you are unable to access. You will need to purchase a semester membership to the SRC from the front desk. Proof of enrollment will be required.

Example: A student that is student teaching will not be charged due to the fact that student teaching can be done off-campus.
Example: A study abroad student whose program is shorter than a semester.

Non-Student Membership Questions and Answers

What proof is required to purchase a membership?

For faculty and staff, their University ID and number are all that’s required. Spouses and dependents need their sponsor’s ID. Graduates/Alumni must present their diploma, transcript, or letter from the registrar.

My son or daughter attends Texas State, may I purchase a membership?

If you are a Texas State employee or graduate you are eligible for membership. Your son or daughter however may not sponsor a parental membership as they are not your legal sponsor. Memberships are restricted to the immediate University community.

My membership expires at the end of the semester, may I renew early?

Yes, renewals may be purchased prior to the expiration date. All memberships are based off the academic calendar semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer).

I’m faculty or staff at the University, but only want to come in periodically without purchasing a semester membership, may I do this?

Faculty and staff may purchase a daily entrance pass for $6 if they show proof of eligibility, their University ID.

I'm an alumni, where can I park?

All parked vehicles on campus must display a valid University parking permit. Permit information may be found here. Speck parking garage has a day use permit dispensing machine. The LBJSC parking garage is the next closest visitor parking area.