2022 Texas Outdoor Leadership Conference (TOLC)
February 4-6, 2022
The Texas Outdoor Leadership Conference (TOLC) provides regional outdoor program administrators, educators, and students a unique opportunity to network, develop backcountry skills and exchange ideas associated with outdoor leadership, risk management, and environmental stewardship.
About the Conference
The Texas Outdoor Leadership Conference (TOLC) is a student-focused programming weekend for those who want to connect with others interested in outdoor recreation.
Conference attendees, from inside Texas or a neighboring region, can share and present on ideas and practices within the field of Outdoor Recreation.
Whether you are an experienced member of a solid outdoor program, or have just entered into the field, TOLC will have something for you.
Texas State University Camp is situated on 126-acres along the Blanco River, in Wimberley, Texas.
The Blanco River winds 87 miles through lush green hills and rocky bluffs. The river is suitable for swimming year-round, along with kayaking, snorkeling, and fishing in the pools above and below the falls adjacent to the University Camp property.
1000 University Rd, Wimberley, TX 78676
Google Maps: Directions to University Camp
Universities are encouraged to carpool as much as possible to reduce vehicle traffic and ensure parking for everyone at TOLC
Registration Opens on 11/1/2021
Click the Registration button and you will be directed to the Texas State Campus Recreation portal. If you are a current TXST affiliate, or have created account in the past, login. Otherwise, create an account.
After creating an account, navigate to "Programs", "Spring 2022", "Outdoor Recreation Clinics & Events", and select "Texas Outdoor Leadership Conference". Add this program to your cart, and checkout online via credit card.
Student Professional Registration Deadline Early Bird $35 $55 11/01/2021 - 1/01/2022 Regular $40 $60 1/02/2022 - 1/23/2022 Late $45 $65 1/24/2022 - 2/04/2022
Camping & full park access Friday-Sunday
Campsites are available as a lodging option included in your registration. To explore the campsites and lodges, visit the UCAMP Website. In addition to traditional campsites, the Day Use Area and other green spaces will be available for TOLC camping
- **T-Shirt availability and size is not guaranteed for those who register after January 15th.
- Climbing Center access
- Campfire Social
- TOADs breakfast meeting (Professional Staff Only)
- Educational sessions
- Adventure race
- Film showing
Dinner Friday, Breakfast Saturday, Dinner Saturday , Breakfast Sunday
Food for Dutch Oven cook-off (you should bring one entree or dessert, enough to feed your group and some extra, it will be served pot-luck style)
Pre-Conference Activities (Friday, February 4th)
Indoor Rock Climbing at the Texas State Climbing Center (4pm-9pm)
- Bring your equipment, or use the available rental equipment, and experience climbing on Texas State's 52-foot tall climbing towers! Note: Tube-style belay devices only are permitted
- Parking is not included. Be sure to a parking pass at the parking garage, or risk a parking ticket.
- Speck Garage: 1252-1298 Academy St, San Marcos, TX 78666
Campfire Social at University Camp
- Bring instruments, games, fun stories, and smiles!
- Yard games and activities will be provided.
Glass Bottom Boat Tour at Spring Lake
- Reduced cost for $5.00 per person (just mention you're attending TOLC)!
- Last boat leaves at 3:30pm during February.
- Boats hold up to 20 people.
Great ways to start or end your TOLC experience
Bring or rent boats and float the San Marcos River!
Sewell Park to Rio Vista (2-hours round trip is a great, casual paddle!)
Canoes, Kayaks, and Standup Paddleboards available at the Sewell Park Outdoor Center
Hike University Camp, with over 4-miles of trails
Find all the hidden Bigfoot tiles, or try the geocaching course throughout camp!
Visit a local eatery in Wimberley, Texas - only a few minutes away from University Camp!
Bring a fishing rod, and test your luck on the Blanco River!
All event times are TBD
- Pre-Conference Activities (see previous section)
- Campfire social and music
- Yoga or Trail Run
- TOADs Breakfast Meeting
- Conference Welcome and Keynote Speaker
- Presentations and Workshops
- Lunch Social & T-Shirt Swap
- Presentations and Workshops
- Adventure Race
- Dutch Oven Cook-Off Event
- Film showings
- Sunrise Yoga
- Morning trash clean up
- Farewells and Departure