- Use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Properly worn masks are required at all times unless drinking water
- 15-Climber capacity at all times
- Reservations recommended online or in the TXST Campus Recreation app
- Only every other rope can be used at a time
- No chalk rentals – available for purchase from SRC Front Desk
- Socks are required with rental shoes
- Remain 6-feet away from others whenever possible, especially in padded areas
The Climbing Center features two 54’ climbing towers and a large bouldering area which totals over 2,600 square feet of climbing terrain. Please watch the Facility Orientation video at the bottom of this page for an explanation of all policies and operations. The Climbing Center is available for bouldering anytime the Student Recreation Center is open. Climbing Center members can checkout an access wristband from the front desk.
FREE WEEK: The first week of every semester is free to climb, and all semester memberships are $10 off!
Reservations & Capacity
Climbing Center reservations are needed to climb during scheduled hours when Climbing Center staff are present.
- Recreation Center reservations are not required during staffed Climbing Center hours.
- Members can make as many reservations as they want, and can be made at any point up until, or even during, an open availability.
- No cancellation or no-show fee, but please be mindful.
- Reservations can be made in-person, web browser, or the Campus Recreation app. Be sure to cancel your reservations if your plans change.
Open Hours Bouldering climbing only requires a Recreation Center reservation (and Climbing Center membership).
Capacity is limited to 15 climbers at a time in to prioritize safety. To help ensure safe distancing of our staff, we are increasing the number of Belay Clinics available to encourage our climbers to belay one another.
Climbing Center Membership Benefits:
Open Hours Bouldering: Anytime the Student Recreation Center is open, Climbing Center members can checkout a bouldering wristband to access the facility and boulder! (Rental equipment only available during staffed hours)
Staff, Equipment & Instruction: All climbing equipment is provided at no additional cost, and staff are on-hand to help you have a great experience. Additionally, participation for Belay Clinics is free for members.
Membership and Day Pass Fees
|Semester Pass (after Halloween & Spring Break)||$25||$30|
|Semester Pass - Climbing / Group Fitness Combo||$65||$75|
Climbing Center / Group Fitness Combo Semester Pass: Get the best of both worlds! Unlimited access to the Climbing Center AND Group Fitness Classes all semester long!
Interested in upgrading your Climbing Center Semester Pass to a Combo Semester Pass? Speak with a SRC Front Desk Attendant to upgrade for only $25 (not available online).
If you and/or a group of friends would like to learn how to rock climb, belay, or lead climb and cannot make a scheduled clinic, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the information outlined below:
- Type of requested clinic
- Date and time of requested clinic
- Number of participants
Climbing Center Front Desk (512) 245-4979
For questions pertaining to the Climbing Center please contact: email@example.com
Student Recreation Center
1011 Academy Dr. San Marcos, TX 78666