The Climbing Center will reopen on Monday, August 23rd, 2021 with the start of the Fall Semester.
The Climbing Center features two 54’ climbing towers and a large bouldering area which totals over 2,600 square feet of climbing terrain. Please watch the Facility Orientation video at the bottom of this page for an explanation of all policies and operations. Climbing Center can checkout an access wristband from the front desk for bouldering anytime the Student Recreation Center is open.
FREE WEEK: For students and faculty/staff, the first week of every semester is free to climb and all semester memberships are $10 off!
- Use hand sanitizer upon arrival
- Properly worn masks are required at all times unless drinking water
- 15-Climber capacity at all times
- Reservations recommended online or in the TXST Campus Recreation app
- Only every other rope can be used at a time
- No chalk rentals – available for purchase from SRC Front Desk
- Socks are required with rental shoes
- Remain 6-feet away from others whenever possible, especially in padded areas
Reservations Required to Utilize the Climbing Center
1. Climbing Center reservations are needed to climb during scheduled hours when Climbing Center staff are present.
2. Recreation Center reservations are needed to climb during unstaffed Climbing Center hours (members only).
Two ways to book your spot!
1. Through our bookings website
2. By downloading our mobile app!
Need help booking? Check out our support page.
Climbing Center Member Benefits
Vertical Incentive Program (VIP): Earn great prizes through the year as you challenge yourself and others to reach climbing distance milestones!
Open Hours Bouldering: Anytime the Student Recreation Center is open, Climbing Center members can checkout a bouldering wristband to access the facility and boulder! (Rental equipment only available during staffed hours)
Staff, Equipment & Instruction: All climbing equipment is provided at no additional cost, and staff are on-hand to help you have a great experience. Additionally, registration for Belay Clinics is free for members.
Bobcat Bouldering League: Each semester, a members-only bouldering league is hosted for climbers to compete in. Teams enjoy 4-weeks of league competition followed by playoffs. Registration for the Bobcat Bouldering League is only $10 per team.
Instructional Clinics & Events: Numerous events are hosted at the Climbing Center every year, often discounted or free for members. These include:
- Belay Clinics (free for members)
- Lead Climbing Clinics
- Introduction to Climbing Clinics
- Halloween Climb Event (free for members)
- Valentine's Day Climb
- Annual Flash Fest Bouldering Competition
Membership and Day Pass Fees
|Semester Pass (after Halloween or Spring Break)||$25||$30||$50|
|Semester Pass - Climbing / Group Fitness Combo||$65||$75||$130|
Climbing Center / Group Fitness Combo Semester Pass: Get the best of both worlds! Unlimited access to the Climbing Center AND Group Fitness Classes all semester long!
Interested in upgrading your Climbing Center Semester Pass to a Combo Semester Pass? Speak with a SRC Front Desk Attendant to upgrade for only $25 (not available online).
*Current Students or Faculty/Staff must sponsor Non-TXST when purchasing a Day Pass.
Memberships only available for purchase in-person at the Student Recreation Center front desk.
If you and/or a group of friends would like to learn how to rock climb, belay, or lead climb and cannot make a scheduled clinic, send an email to email@example.com containing the information outlined below:
- Type of requested clinic
- Date and time of requested clinic
- Number of participants (minimum of 4 required)
Note: Custom Belay Clinics are not included in Climbing Center Membership.
Climbing Center Front Desk (512) 245-4979
For questions pertaining to the Climbing Center please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Recreation Center
1011 Academy Dr. San Marcos, TX 78666