Rules & Regulations
- The reserver will be responsible to see that all policies are followed by all members of their group
- The reserver must be present at camp for the duration of the reservation
- Friends or guests of the reserver are prohibited from entering the camp from non-authorized entrances. These include access from across the river or adjacent property
- Only the person who holds the reservation may pick up the key at the Outdoor Center
The following items are prohibited on university camp property:
- Dogs or pets
- Glass of any kind in the Day-Use or Campsite areas
- Firearms or weapons of any kind
- Tobacco products (includes vaporizers)
- Motorized off-road vehicles
- RV's or pop up trailers
- Window AC units
The following actions are prohibited on university camp property:
- Cutting down trees
- Gathering of firewood
- Public Nudity
- Lewd behavior
Texas State University is committed to maintaining healthy and safe campuses in San Marcos and in Round Rock.
The primary purpose of this policy is to establish university guidelines prohibiting smoking and the use of all tobacco products at the Texas State campuses in San Marcos and in Round Rock. Tobacco products include all types of tobacco, cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, pipes, and hookahs.
- Glass is prohibited at University Camp at any of the Day-Use or Campsite areas.
- Glass is permitted at the lodges only for cooking-related food items.
- All beverages must be in non-glass containers (plastic, aluminum, etc.).
- Alcohol in glass bottles is explicitly prohibited from University Camp.
Burn bans are set in place per the requirement of the Wimberly Fire Department.
- Burn ban includes all use of fire, including use for cooking, heat or light. The only exception is the use of charcoal and/or gas (no wood), used in elevated or portable stoves, used for cooking exclusively.
- Day use site keys may be picked up only on the date of use
- Lodge and Campsite keys may be picked up one day prior to the date of use
- There are lockboxes at the front gate for each campsite and lodge that may be used to store keys for entry to camp. Park goers must use their own locks on the lockboxes
- The gate must be locked at all times other than during entry or exit of the facility
- All keys must be returned to the white drop box affixed to the front gate at the end of reservation
- A fee of $10 per day will be charged for keys turned in late, and a fee of at least $115 will be charged per lost key
- Day use
- Check-in: 10:00AM
- Check-out: 9:00PM
- Lodge and Campsites
- Check-in: 3:00PM
- Check-out: 2:00PM
- Quiet Hours
- 9:00PM - 8:00AM
- Groups will be asked to leave the camp if violating quiet hours
- Day use
The speed limit is a maximum of 20 MPH
- All vehicles must be parked in designated areas only. Driving or parking on the grass is not permitted
- Campsites and Day Use Sites
- Maximum of 2 vehicles per site
- Each campsite has access to a parking area that can fit 2 vehicles
- Campsites 1-3 must park in Day Use parking area
- Beretta Lodge
- Maximum of 10 vehicles
- Must use the designated parking area
- Jeffersonian Lodge
- Maximum of 6 vehicles
- Overflow Parking
- Limited overflow parking is available near the dumpster/Bathhouse area
Campsites: 8 people maximum
Day Use: 6 people maximum
Jeffersonian Lodge: 14 people maximum
Beretta Lodge: 20 people maximum
Multiple sites must be reserved if group size exceeds the maximum of a single site
Rule infractions will be assessed by the Outdoor Recreation Coordinator and Caretaker of University Camp. Fines will be incurred for rule infractions. Fines will be based on the degree of the rule violation. Fines are to be paid at the Outdoor Center.
Any cancellations made prior to ten (10) days before the reservation date will be charged a $20.00 processing fee. Customers who cancel their reservation within ten (10) days prior to the reservation date, will forfeit their reservation fees. No refunds will be issued due to inclement weather.